The Emergency Point of Care Ultrasound Basic course (1 day) will be presented in collaboration between the Emergency Medicine Society of South Africa and Healthgate Medical on 27 April 2022 in Windhoek.
The EMSSA 2020 guideline for the Core ePoCUS curriculum includes six core modules:
- Image acquisition and optimisation.
- Extended Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma (eFAST).
- Focused abdominal aorta ultrasound.
- Basic cardiac ultrasound including a Limited Compression Ultrasound (LCUS) of the lower extremities to rule in a deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Basic lung ultrasound.
- Ultrasound-guided vascular access
Access to online pre-course modules will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.